Limited shell (lshell)
lshell is a shell coded in Python, that lets you restrict a user's environment to limited sets of commands, choose to enable/disable any command over SSH (e.g. SCP, SFTP, rsync, etc.), log user's commands, implement timing restriction, and more.
Current lshell version: 0.9.16
- You can download the latest version:
NetBSD / pkgsrc
Installation - Installation description
Configuration - Configuration description
Todo - TODO list
Usage - Usage description
Use case - Description of a use case
Ossec_Integration - Monitor Lshell logs with Ossec
Changelog - Complete changelog
RPMBuild - Building your own RPM from the source tar.gz
If you want to contribute to this project, please do not hesitate. You can:
report a bug, please refer to the bug tracker here.
discuss/ask something about lshell(1), please open a discussion inside the forum here
send me an email at <ghantoos AT SPAMFREE ghantoos DOT org>
Limited Shell (lshell) is licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL).
All contributions (including questions) are more than welcome.
And send me a patch.
You find lshell screenshots here
2012-03-15 lshell-0.9.16 released. Changelog
- 2012-03-15 lshell-0.9.15.1 released.
- 2012-03-13 lshell-0.9.15 released (security issue fixed above).
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.14 released.
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.13 released.
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.12 released.
- 2010-05-04 lshell-0.9.11 released.
- 2010-03-08 lshell-0.9.10 released.
- 2010-03-07 lshell-0.9.9 released. (chose version 0.9.10 over this one)
- 2009-11-30 lshell-0.9.8 released.
- 2009-11-25 lshell-0.9.7 released (Warning: bugged version).
- 2009-09-09 lshell-0.9.6 released.
- 2009-07-28 lshell-0.9.5 released.
- 2009-06-09 lshell-0.9.4 released.
- 2009-04-13 lshell-0.9.3 released.
- 2009-04-05 lshell-0.9.2 released.
- 2009-03-25 lshell-0.9.1 released.
- 2009-03-09 lshell-0.9.0 released.